Date / time
Date(s) - 14/03/2015
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Human Rights Beyond the Courtroom
This one-day conference will give law students, trainee solicitors and pupil barristers a unique opportunity to explore some key topical human rights issues in domestic law, policy and practice. Meet with the JUSTICE team and leading practitioners in their fields to discuss the role human rights law plays beyond litigation in the civil and criminal courts.
- Death and the State: the importance of human rights in inquests and public inquiries, Leslie Thomas QC
- Human rights: challenging the class of 2015, Raju Bhatt, Partner, Bhatt Murphy.
- JUSTICE- A review of the human rights year, Angela Patrick, Director of Human Rights Policy, JUSTICE
- Breakout groups on
- Criminal cases: redress following conviction
- Learning lessons beyond litigation: inquests and public inquiries
- Human rights in practice: Q&A